Friday, June 4, 2021

NOTES on REVELATION 3

 

"Watch", for JESUS will come unexpectedly.

Revelation 3:3

King James Version

3 Remember therefore 

how thou hast received and heard, 

and hold fast, and repent. 

If therefore thou shalt not watch, 

I will come on thee as a thief, 

and thou shalt not know 

what hour I will come upon thee.


Lastly, we reach the end of this FIRST 3-chapter series on the Book of Revelation.

Let's now have a look at what Spirit led me to on this third chapter:


Jesus has the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars.

Revelation 3:1

King James Version

3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; 

These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, 

and the seven stars; 

I know thy works, 

that thou hast a name that thou livest, 

and art dead.


Jesus has the key of David.

Whatever He opens, no one can shut.

Whatever He shuts, no one can open.

Revelation 3:7

King James Version

7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; 

These things saith he that is holy, 

he that is true, 

he that hath the key of David, 

he that openeth, 

and no man shutteth; 

and shutteth, 

and no man openeth;


Jesus said, the "hour of temptation" will come upon all the world, to try all who dwell upon the earth.

Revelation 3:10

King James Version

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, 

I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, 

which shall come upon all the world, 

to try them that dwell upon the earth.


Jesus will come quickly.

Revelation 3:11

King James Version

11 Behold, 

I come quickly: 

hold that fast which thou hast, 

that no man take thy crown.


Whoever overcomes will be made a pillar in the temple of God, where he shall stay.

Jesus will write upon the overcomer, the name of His God, and the name of the new city of God -- the new Jerusalem.

This new city will come down out of heaven from God.

Revelation 3:12

King James Version

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar 

in the temple of my God, 

and he shall go no more out: 

and I will write upon him the name of my God, 

and the name of the city of my God, 

which is new Jerusalem, 

which cometh down out of heaven from my God: 

and I will write upon him my new name.


Jesus is "the Amen".

He is the faithful and true witness.

He is the beginning of the creation of God.

Revelation 3:14

King James Version

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; 

These things saith the Amen, 

the faithful and true witness, 

the beginning of the creation of God;


Jesus wants us to make a stand.

He rejects those who play safe.

Revelation 3:15-16

King James Version

15 I know thy works, 

that thou art neither cold nor hot: 

I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, 

and neither cold nor hot, 

I will spue thee out of my mouth.


Jesus loves, but if need be, He rebukes, and chastens.

The Lord asks us to be zealous, and to repent.

He waits for us to let Him into our hearts.

Revelation 3:19-20

King James Version

19 As many as I love, 

I rebuke and chasten: 

be zealous therefore, 

and repent.

20 Behold, 

I stand at the door, 

and knock: 

if any man hear my voice, 

and open the door, 

I will come in to him, 

and will sup with him, 

and he with me.


To those who overcome, Jesus will let him sit with Him in His throne, for Jesus went through the same thing.

He overcame, and now sits with His Father in his throne.

Revelation 3:21

King James Version

21 To him that overcometh will I grant 

to sit with me in my throne, 

even as I also overcame, 

and am set down with my Father 

in his throne.


Related material:

The Word AMEN

36 Bible Verses about Key Of David

100 Bible Verses about Seven Spirits

Don Stewart :: Who Are the Seven Spirits?

7 things JESUS asks of us


On BICKERING churches

  1 Corinthians 7:17 King James Version 17 But as God hath distributed to every man,  as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk.  A...