Thursday, June 3, 2021

The church of THYATIRA

 

The LORD JESUS said:

Revelation 2:18

King James Version

18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; 

These things saith the Son of God, 

who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, 

and his feet are like fine brass;


Now, the Lord speaks to the angel of the church of Thyatira:

Revelation 2:19-25

King James Version

19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, 

and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; 

and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, 

because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, 

which calleth herself a prophetess, 

to teach and to seduce my servants 

to commit fornication, 

and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; 

and she repented not.

22 Behold, 

I will cast her into a bed, 

and them that commit adultery with her 

into great tribulation, 

except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; 

and all the churches shall know that I am he 

which searcheth the reins and hearts: 

and I will give unto every one of you 

according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, 

and unto the rest in Thyatira, 

as many as have not this doctrine, 

and which have not known the depths of Satan, 

as they speak; 

I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.


The Lord spoke of Jezebel.

I also found helpful material on the contrasting Elijah Spirit and the Jezebel Spirit, which I will write about more on another blog, or post, as it seems the Holy Spirit curiously led me to a particular Elijah verse today.


The next post is on The church of SARDIS.


On BICKERING churches

  1 Corinthians 7:17 King James Version 17 But as God hath distributed to every man,  as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk.  A...